P.O. Box 581705
Elk Grove, CA 95758
We welcome volunteers! Child Evangelism Fellowship® is a Bible-Centered organization composed of born-again believers whose purpose is to evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and to establish (disciple) them in the Word of God and in a local church for Christian living.
Click the link below to read but do not print and sign. Instead fill out the WCA Form further down the page!
CEF® is dedicated to providing a safe and secure environment for children. Screening is completed on applicants for any position, paid or volunteer, involving CEF ministries and will be used to help CEF provide a safe and secure environment for children.
Click the link below to read OR click the video below to watch OR call 866-878-4182 to listen
Doctrinal Protection Policy – Adopted by CEF International Board of Trustees, May 6, 2002
Child Evangelism Fellowship continues in its commitment to its Statement of Faith, which embodies the non-negotiable and historic beliefs of evangelical Christians.
Within the community of evangelical believers various distinctives exist which do not prevent our fellowship in the Lord and our effectiveness as child evangelists.
We therefore resolve that CEF® workers are qualified by their unreserved commitment to CEF’s Statement of Faith and their further commitment in all CEF activities to refrain from teaching or otherwise advocating doctrinal distinctives either contrary to or in addition to the Statement of Faith.
Recognizing the spiritual need of boys and girls in our community and around the world, I would like to assist in the work of Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF).
I understand that CEF is without specific denominational affiliation, and have read the Statement of Faith and CEF doctrinal Protection Policy. In becoming a coworker with CEF, and in order to protect the ministry, I agree not to propagate or practice in CEF ministries any distinctive or controversial doctrines, methods and practices that would go beyond the CEF Statement of Faith and the approved CEF curriculum. These would include but not be limited to such things as modes of baptism, alteration of the Gospel message, speaking in tongues, interpretation of Scripture by experience, healing on demand, etc. I understand that anyone who does not adhere to this agreement cannot serve with CEF as paid staff or volunteer.
In teaching Bible lessons in core CEF programs I will use exclusively materials approved by CEF.
In offering my services I trust the Lord to make me a faithful servant, and should problems arise between CEF and me that cannot be fully reconciled, I will quietly withdraw to preserve the harmony essential to having an effective Christian witness.
By signing below, I indicate:
• My agreement with the Statement of Faith, and that
• I will abide by the above Worker’s Compliance Agreement, and that
• I will abide by the policies of CEF as long as I am actively involved.(Only applicable in the USA):
• I have reviewed the Protecting Today’s Child presentation (866-878-4182 or cefonline.com/childprotection) in the last 12 months.
If you have a question about a specific policy or to see a complete copy of all policies, contact your director.
Gather the following information to enter online:
• Your salvation testimony.
• Reference contact information (name, phone, email). This should include: pastor or church leader, previous employer, and two personal references (no relatives).
• Previous addresses (last 5 years)
• Your email address (required)
• Social Security Number (required) and Driver’s License (if applicable)
If you have prepared the information requested, it will take you approximately 15 minutes to complete the online application.
Note: The system will time out after approximately 10 minutes of no activity, and you must complete the form within 40 minutes.
IMPORTANT: All fields on the second page, from number 11 on, are required. If you get to the end of the form and it will not let you submit the information, please scroll up and make sure all required informational fields have been filled out correctly.
If completing a 5-year Re-Screening, please type “none” in the text fields you are not required to complete.
Click to preview the background check questions here:
1. Please review the Volunteer Application Questions before you login to be sure you are prepared and will not have to step away from the computer. If you get timed out, you will have to start the process over. You have 40 minutes to complete the process.
2. If there is another phone number you would like to provide to allow us to reach you, please enter here.
3. Have you ever been convicted of a crime?
4. If yes, please explain & give county & state of conviction.
5. Have you ever been accused of child abuse?
6. If yes, please explain.
7. STOP: Answer “yes” to questions 6-10 ONLY if you have read the documents and viewed the presentation.
8. I have read the Child Protection Policy.
9. I agree to follow the CEF policies and procedures in handling any child abuse situations that may arise.
10. I have viewed or heard (866-878-4182) the “Protecting Today’s Child” 12-minute presentation.
11. I have read the Workers Compliance Agreement.
My “yes” answer indicates:
• I am in agreement with the Statement of Faith
• I will abide by the above Worker’s Compliance Agreement
• I will abide by the policies of CEF as long as I am actively involved.
13. Please explain briefly your salvation experience.
14. List any experience that has prepared you for children’s ministries.
15. Reference 1: Pastor or Church Leader
Name, Church, Address, Phone Number and Email.
16. Reference 2: Previous Employer
Name, Relationship, Address, Phone Number and Email
17. Reference 3: Personal – Not a relative
Name, Relationship , Address, Phone Number and Email
18. List your highest earned academic degree (and/or professional license). Include Institution name, degree earned and dates attended.
19. Please list your previous employers within the past 5 years. Include employer name, city, job title, dates employed. Please enter $1 for salary. If not employed within the last 5 years it is acceptable to write “retired” or Homemaker or None.
20. List any organizations where you have volunteered your time and talents within the past 5 years. List name and phone number only.
21. List all traffic/violations/automobile accidents (no matter of fault) within the past 3 years?
22. Have you been convicted of driving under the Influence of drugs or alcohol anytime within the past 7 years? If yes, when and where?
23. Have you ever been charged with, indicted for, or pled guilty to a crime, including traffic violations? If yes, explain:
24. As a ministry we are concerned about our children and students and their wellbeing. Is there anything in your past or present that would prohibit you from effectively ministering to
our children and/ or students?
Have you ever been convicted of a crime?
If yes, please explain & give county & state of conviction.
After reviewing your documents, click here when you are ready to begin: